Personal Insurance Tips & Tools
Ways to Save Premium - Preventing Loss can Put Premium Back in Your Pocket!
Thank you for visiting our information page. You will find a few items that will help answer your questions and discuss ways to save on your next insurance bill. If you have any questions about insurance or can’t find what you are looking for contact us now!
Claims — Having a clean loss history is just one way to save on your insurance bill. Although so claims need to be submitted due to the cost of damage others can be absorbed by the homeowner if financially feasible. The average homeowner has a claim once every 10-11 years so think twice about submitting claims that are under $1,000. Loss free discounts could amount to upwards of 20% of your insurance bill.
Maintenance — Although properly maintaining your residence does not directly impact your insurance bill it does prevent loss, thus saving you money and aggravation in the long run. Here are some things you can do to prevent loss.
- Clean gutters once a year to prevent foundation cracks and subsequent water in your basement
- Visually inspect the outside of your home for deteriorating soffit and missing shingles.
- Replace your washer’s water lines every 2-3 years. The rubber can break down and rupture.
- Turn off your water when you are away during the winter to prevent bursting pipes.
Commonly Excluded and Limited Coverage on Losses — Although the bulk of losses are insured under typical insurance policies there are exclusions that apply to home insurance. Some of these exclusions include:
- Back Up of Sewers or Drains and Sump Pump overflow or malfunction
- Mine Subsidence
- Valuable Items and Property
- Home Day Care or Business